Poached Chicken Salad
- 1L (4 cups) Chicken stock
- 4 Skinless chicken breasts (about 250gm each)
- 60g Walnuts
- 250g Baby green beans
- 200g Red grapes
- 2 heads Cos lettuce, leaves separated
- 100g Watercress sprigs
- 60g Birch & Waite Whole Egg Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Bring stock to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat. Add chicken, simmer over low heat for 5 minutes, then set aside to cool in stock (20-25 minutes). Just before serving, coarsely shred chicken.
2. Scatter walnuts over an oven tray and roast, shaking occasionally, until golden (3-5 minutes). Set aside to cool, then coarsely chop.
3. Meanwhile, to prepare the lemon-paprika mayonnaise, add lemon juice and paprika to Birch & Waite Whole Egg Mayonnaise, season to taste.
4. Blanch baby green beans in boiling salted water until bright green (1-2 minutes), refresh, drain and combine with remaining ingredients, chicken and walnuts in a large bowl, drizzle over dressing, season to taste.
You can preserve left over stock to make other meals such as chicken soup.